We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of personal and financial information. We have introduced strict policies and security measures to protect your information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, complete a form, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site including the checkout. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit/debit card information,
Users may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Gympie Caravan & Rv collects and uses user’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests.
- To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions: We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: The email address users provide for order processing, will be used to send them information and updates regarding their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If users have also opted-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions within each email or a user may contact us via our website.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page.
How we protect your information & security
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
However, while we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, you accept that no internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Do Gympie Caravan & Rv share information with third party websites?
We do not share customer details with any third parties other then parties need to fulfil your order.
We may share client information within other commonly-owned brands, so that you may be informed of other products that may be of interest to you. Further, in order to maintain our website and provide our client communications, we contract with selected third parties. As necessary, your personal information may be processed by these third parties, solely for the purpose of assisting us in these endeavours and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. If we are acquired by another entity, information about our clients may be made available to the new entity.
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Social Media Policy
Conversations via social media happen constantly. These following points should help you when participating in social media. Have fun, be smart and use sound judgement when using social media.
Whether you are an official company representative or not, when you are talking about our company, our brands, or our business via your personal social media networks, please keep in mind these following points:
- You are personally responsible for your actions. We encourage anyone to get online, have fun and participate in conversation, but use sound judgment and common sense.
- Our companies’ policies still apply.
- Be conscientious when mixing your business and personal lives; be sure to know your work group’s policies regarding personal use of social media at work or on company devices.
- Be aware that we reserve the right to report and/or remove malicious or factually incorrect material regarding our brands, our company or our business.
- Comments should be related to the topic of our business or the post/page. Any material promoting other services or spam will be reported and/or removed.
- The use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is strictly prohibited.
- Personal attacks of any kind are prohibited.
- Comments or the posting of material that constituted illegal activity or breaches copyrights or trademarks is prohibited.
Acceptance of these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at:
Tel: (07) 5482 4116
Email: [email protected]
Post: Gympie Caravan & Rv, 66 Red Hill Road, Gympie, Q. 4570
What are cookies?
Cookies have been around for many years. A “cookie” is a very small piece of information, similar to a tag, which is stored on your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
They are used by almost every website in some form, including the Farlows website. To ensure you can use the Farlows website without any issues, you’ll need to ensure cookies are enabled on the web browser for any device you use.
What are cookies used for?
What information is kept by a cookie & how long are they stored?
Typically a cookie will hold very basic information:
- The website name it has come from
- How long the cookie will remain on your device
- A form of randomly generated value
Cookies are split into two types. Session cookies – which last until you close your browser and are not stored on your devices storage media. These are used to track the pages that you visit on the site so that we can improve user experience and customise your visit. Persistent cookies – which are stored on your hard drive until you delete browsing history or they reach their expiry date. These are used to remember site preferences and/or to use functionality such as the checkout.
Do cookies affect my privacy?
Cookies do not contain specific personal information, so you can visit our website without revealing any personal information to us. However, we may ask you for personal information so that you can purchase an item from our online shop or for security reasons relating to your customer account.
How do I manage cookies on my computer or device?
How to manage cookies in Internet Explorer: Cookie settings in most versions of Internet Explorer can be found by clicking the tools option and then the privacy tab.
How to manage cookies in Firefox: Cookie settings in Firefox are managed in the Options window's Privacy panel. See Options window - Privacy Panel for information on these settings.
How to manage cookies in Chrome: Click on the spanner icon on the toolbar, select settings, click the under the bonnet tab, click on content settings in the privacy section.
How to manage cookies in Opera: You can manage cookies in Opera if you Click on settings, then Preferences, then Advanced and finally Cookies
How to manage cookies in Safari: Choose Safari, then preferences and then click security. You should then be able to specify if and when Safari should accept cookies.
If you wish to manage cookies on your mobile phone or similar device, then please consult your manual or handbook.
What happens if I don’t accept or I delete my cookies?
If you choose to block cookies, some areas of the Gympie Caravan & Rv website may not work and you may not be able to access some of the areas of the website that you want. You will also be un-able to shop online with us. For this reason we recommend you ensure cookies stay enabled.
If you delete your cookies, you will have to re-save or update any preferences with us again.
Third Party Cookies
We use 3rd party cookies to help us:
- Collect statistics about the website, so that we can improve it
- Ensure you see content and offers that are relevant to you
- Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Cookies also help us track where you have come from, allowing us to reward companies for referring customers to us. You may also see our adverts or banners on other websites, cookies can tell us how effective these are.
These cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out your identity – it is simply anonymous information and no personal data is passed to us.
SOCIAL WEBSITE COOKIES
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
If you would like to find out more about cookies in general, how they work and how to manage them on your device, then visit aboutcookies.org.